While there may be no place like home, a few simple touches of hospitality can help overnight guests feel comfortable staying in your home.
- Offer the choice of soft or firm pillows, as well as multiple blanket options.
- Have snacks and bottled water in the room to save guests from a late-night tiptoe to the pantry.
- Create a toiletries basket. Travel-size shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste and toothbrushes, bars of soap, extra razors, and medicine cabinet basics will make guests feel right at home.
- Set aside soft bath towels specifically for guests' use. Be sure to fluff them in the dryer if they've been stored in a linen closet for an extended time.
- Post your Wi-Fi password for easy accessibility.
- Discuss everyone's schedules for the next day. Let guests know what time you'll be up in the morning, and whether they can expect coffee or breakfast to be available. If necessary, arrange for their transportation needs.